Ms Mona Sodhi ( Asst Prof , BBA) did her Post Graduation in Commerce from PGGC -46 Chandigarh in 2005 & cleared her UGC NET in June 2006. Her professional qualifications include Fellowship Diploma in General Insurance from Insurance Institute of India , Mumbai (Feb, 2005). Before joining teaching as her profession she has worked as an Insurance Accounts Executive in Global Insurance Department in Esys IT Ltd, Gurgaon from Sep 2006 uptill June 2007. From 26th June, 2007 onwards she has been working as an Assistant Professor in Commerce at Government College of Commerce & Business Administration till date.
List of Workshops and Seminars Attended/ Papers Presented/Published:
- Project Report was submitted on the Topic “A to Z of an Insurance Advisor” to study and analyze the various aspects related to Life Insurance as a part of M.Com Professional training Degree programme at TATA AIG LIFE Insurance Co Ltd;
- Presented paper on EMERGING TREND ON INSURANCE AS ONE OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES IN INDIA in FACT CME at Government College of Commerce and Business Administration Sector-42 Chandigarh, 26th October 2009;
- Presented paper as one of the delegates on the topic “EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AS ENVISIONED BY OSHO” in technical session in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Physical education: The key for holistic Inter-Disciplinary Collaboration held at Post Graduate Government College Sector-11, Chandigarh, on March 11-13, 2011 and got published as well in the journal;
- Attended International Conference on WOMEN AND CHILD ISSUES: NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES February 11-12, 2011 organised by Women’s Studies Centre, Punjabi University, Patiala;
- Attended workshop on E-CONTENT DEVELOPMENT organized by Education department, Chandigarh March 10-12, 2010;
- Attended and participated in Workshop Cum Training Programme on COUNSELING SERVICES on January 21-22, 2011 at Post Graduate Government College for Girls Sector-42 Chandigarh;
- Participated in Workshop on UNLIVED EMOTIONS conducted at Osho Moulshree Commune Bhopal from 26th Dec 2011- 31st Dec 2011 ;
- Acted as one of the resource persons in the 7 days workshop with Children aged between ( 7- 15yrs) on the topic “ DISCOVERING OUR POTENTIAL” held at Bhopal from 23rd April 2012 to 30th April 2012;
- Participated in the workshop on “SYLLABI OF BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – KEEPING PACE WITH TIME”, conducted at Government College of Commerce and Business Administration, Sector – 42, Chandigarh on 12- 13 December, 2012;
- Acted as one of the Resource Persons and delivered lecture on “SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS AS PART OF BUSINESS ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT at the “Content Enrichment Program for PGT Commerce’ teachers in the Navodhya Leadership Institute Sector-25, Chandigarh on 11th July 2012.
Extra-Curricular Activities & Achievements
Played as one of the lead Actors in play “Khelghar” written by Vinod Verma, an adaptation of the true story ‘Dibs in Search of Self staged at Blue Bells School International on 19th Oct 2013 & at Tagore International School in New Delhi, on 26th Nov 2013 staged by Third Bell (A registered Theatre Group)
- Played female lead in “Mausam Dar Mausam” Hindi Translation of an English Play “The Four Seasons By Arnold Wesker (animated reading of the play) staged at Press Club Chandigarh on 1st August 2010 by “Abhinet” the leading theatre group of Chandigarh.
- Participated in National Theatre Festival at National School of Drama (NSD) Delhi and at Natya Mahotsav Orissa (2002-2003)
- Acted in many One Act Play competitions such as (Deewar ki waapsi, Haddi, Ek Om Kar Satnam, Power etc) at Panjab University, Chandigarh Zonal Youth Festivals & won prizes.
- Won first prize in Creative Poem Writing Competition at Panjab University Chandigarh Zonal Youth Festival in 2001.
Hobbies: Music, Theatre, and Meditation, writing and reading spiritual books.