Ms Mona Sodhi ( Asst Prof , BBA) did her Post Graduation in Commerce from PGGC -46Chandigarh in 2005 & cleared her UGC NET in June 2006. Her professional qualifications include Fellowship Diploma in General Insurance from Insurance Institute of India , Mumbai (Feb, 2005). Before joining teaching as her profession she has worked as an Insurance Accounts Executive in Global Insurance Department in Esys IT Ltd, Gurgaon from Sep 2006 uptill June 2007. From 26th June, 2007 onwards she has been working as an Assistant Professor in Commerce at Government College of Commerce & Business Administration till date.
M.Com (Panjab University) 2005 and B.Com 2003 from PGGC46, Panjab University , Chandigarh ;
UGC NET Clear June 2006
Professional Qualification :
- Fellowship diploma in General Insurance from Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai (Feb 2005)
WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS ATTENDED/ PARTICIPATED/CONDUCTED/ PAPERS PRESENTED/PUBLISHED YEAR WISE :
Organized Leadership Training Camp at College as Convener of Literary Society on 8th and 9th October 2018 in collaboration with Forum of Free enterprise Mumbai wherein total of 80 students participated from various colleges of the city.
- Organized Three Days Workshop as the Convener of Anti-Stress Society on the Topic “Tuning with Management Education” for college students as one of the team members with Prof Pahlad Aggarwal (Former Deputy Director Higher Education, Chandigarh Administration and Founder Member and Former Principal of GCCBA-50, Chandigarh) on 28th, 29th & 30th August 2018 and further involved in conducting Review Sessions along with him every Thursday for the holistic development of students.
- Acted as one of the Team member of a Workshop on the topic “Tuning with Meditation and Yoga- the Ever present Flower for living the Happy and Healthy Life” held at Osho Gram Commune, Pandar Distt Mandi, HP , 7th Oct 2018- 14th Sep 2018
- Acted as Team Member of the Workshop on Topic: “Meditation: Tuning with Education” at Post Graduate Government College, Sector 11 Chandigarh on 10th ,11th and 13th December 2018 organized by the Department of Physical Education of the College for the teaching faculty and general public”
- Acted as one of the Team member of a Workshop on the topic “ Tuning with Yoga for AYUSH Yoga Instructors” from 9th to 12th January 2019 followed by second workshop from 28th to 31st January 2019 at GCYEH Sector 23 Chandigarh.
- Acted as one of the Team member of a Workshop on the topic organized for General public on the Topic “Medication to Meditation from 25th February to 28th February 2019 at GCYEH Sector 23 Chandigarh
- Organized Leadership Training Camp at College as Convener of Literary Society on 29th and 30th September 2017 in collaboration with Forum of Free enterprise Mumbai wherein total of 80 students participated from various colleges of the city
- Acted as Team Member of the Workshop on Topic: “Understanding: Teaching and Meditation at Post Graduate Government College, Sector 11 Chandigarh from 11th to 13th December 2017 organized by the Department of Physical Education of the College for the teaching faculty and general public”
- Acted as Team member of a Workshop on “Art of Dying: Celebrating and Welcoming Death” held at Osho Gram Commune, Pandar Distt Mandi, HP 25th Oct 2017- 01st Nov 2017.
- Organized a Meditation Workshop for the students of the college on the Topic ”Tuning with Management Education” conducted by Prof Pahlad Aggarwal ( Former Deputy Director Higher Education and Founder and Former Principal GCCBA 50 Chandigarh on 13-14-15 March 2018 and further initiated and coordinating review sessions for the same by the team every Thursday as a part of Meditation activity for the college students.
- Organized Leadership Training Camp at College as Convener of Literary Society on 21st and 22nd September 2016 in collaboration with Forum of Free enterprise Mumbai wherein total of 77 students participated from various colleges of the city
- Acted as Team Member of a Workshop on “Management: Theatre and Meditation” held at Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology at Ludhiana on 8th July 2016
- Acted as Team member of a Workshop on “Art of Dying for senior citizens” held at GCYEH Sector 23 Chandigarh from 28th to 30th November 2016
- Acted as Team Member of Workshop on Meditation: Understanding and awareness for the faculty of PGGC 11, Chandigarh from 2nd March to 4th March 2017
- Presented Paper in one day National Seminar based on the topic : “Need for Human Resource Labs” on the theme “Contemporary Practices in Modern Business: Opportunities and Challenges” at Government College of Commerce and Business Administration Sector 50, Chandigarh dated 21st February, 2017
- Attended and participated in the 109th Orientation Program from 16th February 2016 to 14th March 2016 organized by UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, Panjab University, Chandigarh and obtained grade A.
- Member of Organizing Committee for the Two day National Conference based on the Theme: Management for Sustainable Development in 21st Century held at Government College of Commerce and Business Administration Sector 50, Chandigarh dated 1st and 2nd February, 2016.
- Project Report was submitted on the Topic “A to Z of an Insurance Advisor” to study and analyze the various aspects related to Life Insurance as a part of M.Com Professional training Degree programme at TATA AIG LIFE Insurance Co Ltd;
- Presented paper on EMERGING TREND ON INSURANCE AS ONE OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES IN INDIA in FACT CME at Government College of Commerce and Business Administration Sector-42 Chandigarh, 26th October 2009;
- Presented paper as one of the delegates on the topic “EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AS ENVISIONED BY OSHO” in technical session in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Physical education: The key for holistic Inter-Disciplinary Collaboration held at Post Graduate Government College Sector-11, Chandigarh, on March 11-13, 2011 and got published as well in the journal;
- Attended International Conference on WOMEN AND CHILD ISSUES: NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES February 11-12, 2011 organised by Women’s Studies Centre, Punjabi University, Patiala;
- Attended workshop on E-CONTENT DEVELOPMENT organized by Education department, Chandigarh March 10-12, 2010;
- Attended and participated in Workshop Cum Training Programme on COUNSELING SERVICES on January 21-22, 2011 at Post Graduate Government College for Girls Sector-42 Chandigarh;
- Participated in Workshop on UNLIVED EMOTIONS conducted at Osho Moulshree Commune Bhopal from 26th Dec 2011- 31st Dec 2011 ;
- Acted as one of the resource persons in the 7 days workshop with Children aged between ( 7- 15yrs) on the topic “ DISCOVERING OUR POTENTIAL” held at Bhopal from 23rd April 2012 to 30th April 2012;
- Participated in the workshop on “SYLLABI OF BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – KEEPING PACE WITH TIME”, conducted at Government College of Commerce and Business Administration, Sector – 42, Chandigarh on 12- 13 December, 2012;
- Acted as one of the Resource Persons and delivered lecture on “SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS AS PART OF BUSINESS ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT at the “Content Enrichment Program for PGT Commerce’ teachers in the Navodhya Leadership Institute Sector-25, Chandigarh on 11th July 2012.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Played as one of the lead Actors in play “Khelghar” written by Vinod Verma, an adaptation of the true story ‘Dibs in Search of Self staged at Blue Bells School International on 19th Oct 2013 & at Tagore International School in New Delhi, on 26th Nov 2013 staged by Third Bell (A registered Theatre Group)
- Played female lead in “Mausam Dar Mausam” Hindi Translation of an English Play “The FOUR SEASONS By Arnold Wesker (animated reading of the play) staged at Press Club Chandigarh on 1st August 2010 by “Abhinet” the leading theatre group of Chandigarh.
- Participated in National Theatre Festival at National School of Drama (NSD) Delhi and at Natya Mahotsav Orissa (2002-2003)
- Acted in many One Act Play competitions such as (Deewar ki waapsi, Haddi, Ek Om Kar Satnam, Power etc) at Panjab University, Chandigarh Zonal Youth Festivals & won prizes.
- Won first prize in Creative Poem Writing Competition at Panjab University Chandigarh Zonal Youth Festival in 2001.
Hobbies: Music, Theatre, and Meditation, writing and reading spiritual books.